Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reading goals


I am pretty excited that I met my goal over on GoodReads! About half of these books were Audiobooks - but I say they count because I spend a lot of time in the car. It feels like I just got an A on my report card! :) Here are three of my recent faves:

On my ipod...
The book I just finished listening too is probably one of my new faves - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. A husband is accused of murdering his wife after she disappears and it is told from both of their points of view. It was hard to put down! What's great about this book is that both Nick and Amy are pretty loathsome people, but their story is just so compelling.

On my nook...
Another book I just finished was one my friend Melissa recommended - Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs. It's kind of like a cross between the Sookie Stackhouse and Stephanie Plum series. It's about a normal librarian type girl who gets turned into a vampire and hangs out with her ghostly aunt and new friends in the supernatural world. Very funny stuff!

On my nightstand...
I finally read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society this summer and I absolutely loved it! Such a great story and I felt like I actually learned about about post-World War II England and even just people. The story is told through a series of letters - which is just lovely because no one writes those any more - and the characters are so interesting and quirky. I told my mom she has to read this one next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home