Sunday, March 04, 2012

The Lorax and other tales


"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees!"

We just took the girls, along with my sister-in-law and Derek, to see the Lorax and it was super cute. Such a great message, too. I thought Ed Helms and Danny Devito were pretty funny and gave the classic characters great new personalities. And the Seuss-y style of everything from the the forest and city was just so cool. Kylie was dancing along with the songs. Derek spent most of the movie running up and down the aisle. 

In honor of Dr. Seuss Day, the Lily Pad designers created a bunch of Seuss-inspired kits. I scrapped this page (and had a lot of fun with my pen tool) featuring Taylor reading Green Eggs in Ham. Taylor has since become quite the reader and that just makes me so proud!

Credits: Here to There by Emily Merritt and Jacque Larsen from the Lily Pad.


I put myself on a digi spending freeze this month so it is not fair that there are so many cute Dr. Seuss kits and BOYC pieces to buy this month! I am limiting myself to CT things and trying to use stuff already in my enormous stash of digi goodies. Thank goodness for Amy and Emily! Here are some of my new pages.




These are photos from my family's Mother's Day celebration at our house last year. My cousin Melissa and I took a bunch of random shots while we were sitting around the table in the yard. One of my favorites is a picture of Penny that looks like she's smiling!  Credits: Emily Merrit's Tiny Pattern Paper Vol 2 and Doodle Frame Cards with Tiff Brady from the Lily Pad; Flowers by Emily Merritt from Love & Grace Collab at Lily Pad 

And I'm still trying to finish up an album about all of my adventures last summer. I am so behind on that one but I hope to get it done before a new summer starts. Amy's BOYC papers are called Greenwich Village and that inspired me to do an NYC page.This page is about the day before my birthday when I went to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met, almost passed out, and found some fun things in Central Park. I am so glad I blogged about it because I was able to cut and paste all the text right on to my page! 


Credits: Amy Wolff's Greenwich Village papers and Date Cut Outs from Lily Pad. Stamped alphas by Dani Mogstad

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I'm jealous you had a Seuss-ical type CT kit to play with. I was soooo tempted to hit that shopping cart button numerous times this weekend- somehow I resisted (it probably helped that I was away from the computer most of the weekend LOL) :P

March 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home