Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Going green

I can always tell when I need a new pair of glasses because the headaches just don’t go away. I made an appointment at the eye doctor, who told me my prescription hadn’t changed that much and that other problems could be causing the headaches. This of course led me to believe that I could drop dead any minute from an aneurysm because I am a hypochondriac and always think the worst.

I also thought it was time to go for a different look. I’d been wearing wire frame glasses since I was 12, but I decided to jump on the nerdy/hipster bandwagon and go for plastic frames. I had read an interesting article about an online company called Warby Parker in the NY Times. They’ll send you up to five pairs to try on at home and you just send them your prescription info. The glasses all cost $99 bucks. Mine cost a little more because my vision is so bad, but even with special lenses, the glasses were cheaper than my last few pairs.

I instantly fell in love with these green frames and it took me awhile to work up the nerve to order them because they were so different. I also got them in brown, in case I started to feel like Yoda. I love having two pairs because I always seem to misplace my glasses at night and then have to search my room blind as a bat. I think I look cute in them.

I was happy with Warby Parker’s service, even if it was a little slow. They’d recently been inundated with orders after the Times article, but they sent me frequent updates and were very friendly. They’re also now offering sunglasses.

And, the new glasses solved the headache problem. So I can stop worrying about aneurysms.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! Love 'em!! And so glad you don't have to worry about aneurysms anymore! LOL

July 16, 2011  
Blogger Frankye B said...

I WANT GREEN FRAMEES BADLY! HOW YOU GET SO LUCKY! :( i can never find any.

June 28, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home