Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving this year! I had three Thanksgiving dinners (at the crop last weekend, with my family and then at work) and I am sick of turkey by now, even though our fridge is full of leftovers. We ordered Italian from Sal’s for a change of pace tonight.

I had a fun day with the family before heading to work. I really don’t mind working Thanksgiving. We’ve always had our meal early, and working means someone else gets the day off, and lots of my co-workers don’t have family nearby.

It was a little sad this year since it’s probably our last turkey day together. We’re not to sure about when they’re going to relocate our jobs, but it’s probably going to be in the fall. But we had a great feast for our last hurrah. Turkey from City Limits. Everyone brought it lots of yummy sides and desserts. I made my cheesecake. So maybe next year I’ll be able to stay home and spend the day with my family. Maybe I’ll even cook!

Here are some pictures…

We had three long tables of family over for dinner. Earlier the dogs spent the morning running around the tables. Glad they calmed down by the time everyone arrived.

Rocky wants some turkey.

Penny finally got to meet her new little "cousin." Derek and the dogs were very curious about each other.
Taylor and Kylie finally got to play with the dolls I made them and Taylor really loved her owl.
She got out her diary and wrote down something like: "I am thankful for my aunt Nonnie because she made toys for me and Kylie." That made me tear up!

After dinner the girls wanted to play Littlest Pet Shop and I got to show them the newest member of our edition - a Little Pet Shop version of Penny!


While I'm blogging, I'll catch up on pages from the crop and this week.

Here's Kylie the coffee addict. She seriously loves the stuff - hot or cold! Credit

And I scrapped Taylor's dance portrait with a mix of stuff from PixelWorks and some other kits. I really love to search my stash! Credits

And here's a page I think my brother would actually like. He made this photo his Facebook profile photo. It's become a family joke so I had to scrap it! I used PixelWorks' collab with Jacque Larsen, Jack of All Toys. Credits


And I'm so excitied about Kim Jensen's new collab with Kate Hadfield. It was perfect for scrapping my favorite little "dude." Credits.

Check out this kit at Scrapdish or Lily Pad!


And finally, here's a page I did for Tania's journaling challenge at Lily Pad. She challenged us to scrap an amazing moment and that made me think of a vacation I took with my aunt and grandmother. Credits

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of people! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving! Wonderful layouts, as always! The balloon ride sounds wonderful!

December 05, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home