Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Remembering

I spent Saturday scrapbooking with my friends at the crop. After 9/11, I made a lot of bad decisions, spurred by the depression and stress I felt. And when I finally dug myself out of the hole a few years later, one of the things that changed my life was scrapping. I met lots of friends and found ways to express myself. So I thought it was a good way to spend the day this year.

On my way home, I drove down to Boulevard East and it was crowded with people looking out at the New York City skyline, many of them taking pictures. I wanted to take some myself and then my camera's battery died.

The Empire State Building shone red, white and blue. The weather was really beautiful - just like it was nine years ago on 9/11.

And this didn't come out so well, but you can see the beacons of light.

And here's a page I did a few days ago. I had found this photo in a photo album. My dad probably took it in the early 1980s. I often find photos like this in our albums - where the towers are just there in the background. It is still pretty hard to believe they are gone. And it's hard not to get sad when I see photos like this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tania said...

(((Hugs))) Robin!! I can't even imagine what it must have been like there. I'm glad you found scrapbooking and I found you!! Lots of love chica!!

September 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home