Monday, January 04, 2010

My new project

I didn't cross too much off my list this weekend. The tree is put away - but Mom did that while I was out - and I finally brought all my gifts upstairs. I played a lot of Wii and watched Hotel for Dogs. I caught up on some sleep after too much celebrating New Year's Eve and being woken up early by the nieces on New Year's Day. I wanted to do some cleaning around here, but that didn't get done.

But I have spent a lot of time on my new project - my art journal. I signed up for Tangie Baxter's Art Journal Caravan at SBG. While I'm not really into altered art and can't draw to save my life, I'm giving this a try to stretch myself. I've been in a creative rut lately and just want to do something for myself. So I did this week's assignment and have tried doing a few other pages based on little ideas I get in my head. I've been using my tablet and working left handed (I usually mouse with my right hand) and I'm already feeling inspired.

So here are my first few pages...

I'm a pretty negative person - so I did this page to kind of cheer myself up, try doing something creative and to try to see the brighter side. Credits

Our first Art Journal assignment was to pick our word of the year. Mine is change. Credits

And then this one started out as my word page but then evolved into a sort of inspirational/all about me page. I think there were more than 90 layers on here! Credits

And here are so more scrapping pages that I haven't shared yet.

Penny and I were snowed in a few weeks ago and I got a lot done! I made this for a Ztampf! play day. Credits

I scrapped the girls on Hallween for the Shutterfly book. Credits

I finally scrapped Michelle's wedding for Randi's album. Credits

Here's one I did about trying to get in the Christmas spirit for an Em-Ka play day. Credits

And my 365 page for October. Now I just need to do the last two months! Credits

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I love all of your pages- especially the art journal ones!

January 04, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those art journal pages are amazing, Robin! I love how sunny the first one is (made me grin big time), and the detail is incredible in the others!! I love the way you used my pieces in there too; you put everything together beautifully!! :D

January 05, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home