Saturday, September 12, 2009

Do-nothing days!

It was nice to have no plans for today! The last few weekends have been so busy and work has been nuts, so I was glad to have a nice, quiet Saturday. Mom was gone most of the day. I slept late, caught up on some Tivo (have you seen Glee or Vampire Diaries?), then watched some Netflix (an unaired episode of Dollhouse and Sunshine Cleaning). Took the car for an overdue oil change. Bought some new red nail polish - in honor of the True Blood's finale tomorrow - and crossed some other things off the to do list.

My grandma stopped by earlier and she told me my Aunt Clara is going to be the grand marshal in a parade tomorrow for Weehawken's 150th anniversary. Aunt Clara is 97 and she is the town's oldest resident. That's a pretty cool honor so I'm going to be sure to check that out tomorrow!

Last week, we started producing the Poughkeepsie Journal at work. It's a smaller paper circulation-wise, but they have a lot more pages and sections than we do. So it was a pretty hectic week. We had three editors from their staff join us though, so that will be a big help as we get used to all this new work and stories about places some of us have never heard of.

Well, hope you're all having a great weekend! I need to switch some laundry and then head out to see my pals at the Rover! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tania said...

Wow! Congrats to your Aunt, I bet she's an amazing woman! Enjoy your do-nothing days!

September 13, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. I love do nothing days. :) I haven't heard of Vampire Diaries, but I have been watching Glee. The characters are a bit quirkier than I can normally get into, but the music totally draws me in.

That's awesome about your aunt! I hope she had a good time!

September 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home