Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breathing easier

Well, the good news is I am keeping my job and my salary! Bad news is a lot of my co-workers and some of my favorite people in the newsroom will be leaving. It's been a very sad day at work.

I am really looking forward to this weekend! On Saturday, I'm picking up my friend and fellow Crew mate Becky and her daughter Hannah at the airport. They are coming to New York to move Hannah into NYU and they'll be staying in NJ. We're going to do some shopping for Hannah's room, hopefully meet up with Krista for lunch and then get Hannah moved in on Sunday. On Monday, Becky and I are going to do some sight-seeing around the city.

On Sunday, I'll be going to for Operation Terri Kinney at the Wild Rover. Terri has cancer and no insurance, so some friends have put together this event to help her and her family out. There's going to be food, beer, raffles and entertainment for a $30 admission. My pals who host open mic at the bar will be performing along with some other bands. I'm going to be taking photos and making a scrapbook for Terri since she is too sick to attend. Should be a great time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Ugh on the coworkers but I am very glad you're keeping your job!!!

August 27, 2009  
Blogger clc said...

I'm glad to hear you still have your job! Sorry you're going to lose so many of your co-workers.

August 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home