Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Magic in the Meadowlands


I have been trying to gather my thoughts after Sunday night but find it hard because I'm still in a state of post-concert euphoria. I still get chills thinking about Bruce!

The show was 3 hours and 12 minutes according to NJ.com. I was up in the three hundred level of Giants Stadium but I still had a great view of the stage and screen. While I was up in the nosebleeds with my friend Billy, our other friend Dean was down in the 100 level and said Pierce Bronsan was two rows behind him! I had been freaking out all day about the weather, but it only rained for a little bit when the encore was just starting. Otherwise, the weather was perfect!

I was thinking of doing a page or two about the show, but I think I want to do a mini-album. I have so much I can write about - I've been a fan since Born in the USA came out. It was one of my first albums as a kid. I saw the E Street band reunion tour back in 1999. I was worried about bringing a camera though because of the increased security these days and the possibility of rain.
So I've had to find some (like the one above) on the web.

Here's the set list and some notes from me: (thanks to Backstreets.com)
  • Tenth Avenue Freeeze-out ... I met my friend Dean after he sang this song at karaoke night years ago.
  • Radio Nowhere .... from his new album Magic, which rocks!
  • Lonesome Day
  • No Surrender
  • Adam Raised a Cain
  • Spirit in the Night
  • Summertime Blues ... fun cover. He collected signs from the audience for requests.
  • Brilliant Disguise ... nice duet with his wife Patti
  • Atlantic City
  • Growin' Up .... this was a request from a 10 year old girl!
  • Janey, Don't You Lose Heart ... a nice surprise! I don't even think I have this song!
  • I'll Work for Your Love ... another one from Magic. Love it!
  • Youngstown ... got up for a 2nd round of beers. not one of my favorite songs! LOL!
  • Murder Incorporated ... still on the line. Not a big fan of this one either!
  • The Promised Land
  • Livin' in the Future ... another new songs that just rocks. Crowd went crazy!
  • Mary's Place ... Bruce gives his little speech about going to the river. If you're not a believer by now, go home! LOL!
  • Working on the Highway
  • Tunnel of Love ... I think this song is so cheesy. There was a girl sitting next to us who was sitting the whole time , but got up for this one! She left early too. Lame!
  • The Rising
  • Last to Die
  • Long Walk Home
  • Badlands ... They left the stage and the crowd keep singing... until they came back for ....
* * *
  • Girls in Their Summer Clothes ... oh man I love this one too. Another Magic song.
  • Jungleland ... this one gave me chills. Dean says they don't play it often. It was unbelievable.
  • Born to Run ... Lights went on, whole place was nuts!
  • Bobby Jean
  • Dancing in the Dark ... a little cheesy, but still fun!
  • American Land ... they rocked this out! Two accordians, Celtic sound. Everyone clapping and thumping along. Seemed like that was it until they closed with .......
  • ROSALITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... my all-time favorite! I could have died right there. What an awesome way to end the night!

After the show, we met Dean and Joy back down on the ground. We had gotten a ride from a cab driver friend of Dean's, so we walked all the way toward the race track trying to find a cab. I have to say Bruce fans are pigs! The stadium tailgaters left such a hideous mess. The traffic out of there was horrible - so we just ended up waiting for Dean's friend to get back to pick us up. He knew all the shortcuts so we were out of there in no time!

I'm still pretty thrilled that I saw the show. I told Billy to remind me that if I'm every cranky or complaining to remind me that I've seen Bruce sing Rosalita - something I've always wanted to see. What could be better than that!

Today... I need that reminder. I've got Penny and Rocky here and they've been fighting all morning. I'm covered in dog hair, scratches and hives from playing referee. Gotta go play some of those videos to get back in the groove of things!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Robin you crack me up!!! I'm so glad you had a great time. I saw Yaz in concert last week :)

July 29, 2008  
Blogger clc said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert! Can't wait to see your layouts!

July 29, 2008  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

i'm going thursday night. can't wait. we have 8th row seats. yes, 8th row seats. WOW!

July 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me! How did we not know you were going to this concert? Freakin' awesome!!!! Between you seeing Bruce and Laura's opportunity to see The Police, I am just about forest green with envy! Glad you had a fabulous time! How could you not?

July 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home