Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm here!

I got to Chicago a few hours ago! I've been hanging out in the hotel lounge. Thank goodness for wifi to keep me entertained. I'm too tired to keep reading - although I did get through almost half of the new Dirty Girls sequel. So I've been scrapping a little, people watching, getting annoyed by loud talkers.

I had one of those cab drivers this morning who shares their whole life story in the short span of a ride. She kept me distracted from thinking about the flight as we drove down the turnpike. I was a bit nervous on the flight. I kept dozing off too, but didn't sleep much. I had a really tall guy in front of me who had his seat reclined. I think that's just rude - there's hardly any space on these planes!

So after winding my way through O'Hare to the airport shuttle, I got here to the Hyatt and had some breakfast. It's still too early to check in. I think you can tell there's a scrapbook convention in town. Lots of women around.

I didn't sleep much at all last night. I was debating whether I should have even tried to go to sleep since I got home late and had to pack. Plus I wanted to spend a little time with Penny. But I felt tired and ended up getting about 2 and half hours of rest. Then I was up at 5 - crazy! I really need to pay better attention when I'm booking my flights on Orbitz! Last year I booked a crazy late return flight!

Going to get back to some scrapping now. And hopefully they'll let check in early. I hope I can take a nap before I meet up with Connie later for dinner!

1 Comments:

Blogger CathyRose said...

How exciting that you are there! Sounds like an exhausting day, though! I hope you can get some good sleep tonight. Enjoy yourself, Robin!

July 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home