Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some movie reviews

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall this weekend. I love Jason Segal. I loved him in Freaks and Geeks and I love him in How I Met Your Mother. But I didn't love seeing so much of him! He's got quiet a few full-frontal scenes in that movie! But otherwise, I laughed my ass off. It was so funny and had some really great lines. I love that whole Apatow crew. And I loved Paul Rudd - he had the best lines.

I finally caught up on Netflix too this weekend. Walk Hard was not as funny as I expected. The songs were hilarious, but some of the story was cheesy. I did LOVE the scene where Dewey goes to India with the Beatles - who are played by Jack Black, Paul Rudd, Jason Schwartzman and Justin Long. I watched that scene three or four times!

I also watched the Nanny Diaries, which was kind of cute. I didn't like how they changed so much of the story. The book was way better. But I did like that the Xs were played by Laura Linney and Paul Giamati, who I've been watching as Abigail and John Adams over on HBO. I finally watched the miniseries' finale and it was so sad!!! The part were there daughter has breast cancer was just painful to watch. And they really wrapped up the series so nicely. I feel like I learned something watching all these weeks. No clue how much is reality-based, but it was really well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home