Sunday, March 30, 2008

Family treasures

I have had a really great weekend with my family. On Saturday, we had Taylor and Kylie and did lots of stuff with them - played in the yard and everything in the house, took a walk to Burger King and hopped all the way back, and went to the park.

Today, we had a memorial Mass in honor of my grandfather, who passed away three years ago. So my family all got together to go to church and then brunch. Afterwards, we went back to Grandma's house to sort through boxes and albums and envelopes and stacks of photos. There was so much stuff! I brought my laptop and scanner and got more than 170 scans - some with multiple photos. There were so many amazing photos - my grandparents as children, their wedding, my grandfather in the Army, my mom, aunts and uncles as kids, all of my cousins, some of the older generation of relatives who have been gone a long time. It was like each album or box was filled with treasures as we looked back, heard stories, shared memories. We laughed over lots of funny clothes and funny hairstyles.

In addition to all the scans, I came home with a stack of photos and three albums! There were still a few more we didn't even get too. And I was just too tired to scan any more! I'm going to be editing a lot of these and putting them up in a gallery so that my relatives can order their own copies. And I'm sure these will keep me scrapping for a long time!

I just went through my stash quickly and here are a few of my favorites! Still needs lots of touching up...
This is my great grandma
Me at my Uncle Ken's wedding as a baby. I was always scared of him as a kid! And then there's me, Mike and Randi playing Simon Says - I have crimped hair!
My parents - gotta love those coats!
This is a view of lower Manhattan from Weehawken, NJ, in the 40s!
I loved this album and even the corners and frames so I'm just showing it like this! These are all photos from when my grandmotehr was 15! Thes are her sisters and their husbands.
My grandpa, right, in the Army.
My grandpa played semi-pro baseball - I had no idea!
And my absolute favorite - my grandmother in her wedding dress. She is just stunning!!!

I can't wait to get scrapping!

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

oh wow! That is a treasure! Those are amazing pictures!

March 31, 2008  
Blogger clc said...

I love your photos! Such wonderful family history there.

March 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, these photos are fabulous -- what a treasure!

March 31, 2008  
Blogger Angela Toucan said...

you found some fabulous treasures there Robin - can't wait to see your heritage scrap-pages

April 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home