Monday, February 18, 2008

Trying to focus

I am always thinking of things I want to blog about, but I don't get around to them. I have become such a scatterbrain. I need to remember my word of the year - focus. Maybe I should print it out and hang it up at my desk to help me remember.

In the newspaper biz, we don't get holidays like President's Day today. So I hope those of you who have off enjoy it! I'm trying to do some stuff on the computer. I'm trying to organize some stuff I've downloaded and I'm working on ACDSee. I also ordered some more prints from Scrapbook Pictures. I wanted to get some extra prints to save for Mother's Day and I had noticed a few big problems (all on my part) with journaling getting cut off after my last order. I really do love their prints. The quality is fantastic and they came pretty quickly too. They are on sale so I ordered a whole bunch of pages - including some real oldies. I always think it's funny to see how much my style has changed and how much I've learned about photoshop since those early pages! Getting them all organized and in books will be a whole other project.


I've been trying to spend my weekends off the computer. So that gives me time to devote to one of my other current obsessions, Jane Austen. I've been re-reading Sense and Sensibility. I've been watching all the Jane movies on PBS's Masterpiece (including Pride and Prejudice, which I own), and I just watched Being Jane from Netflix. I'm going to need to get that one because I just love it. I watched one scene where Jane has been looking for Lefroy (played by the dreamy James McAvoy) at a ball and is stuck dancing with some rich guy who wants to marry her and then he just pops into the scene. I just love how it's filmed and choreographed - going on my list of favorite "sigh" moments movies. Well, after seeing that, I had to look up some stuff about Jane to see if the movie was based on any reality. Have any of you fellow Jane fans read any good biographies? I think I did some research in high school for a paper, but don't remember much. Anyway, I just sent back another movie I watched this weekend - A Good Year with Russell Crowe - also a good one, so now I can get the next movie in my queue - The Jane Austen Book Club!

I'm just remembering that I need to catch up with Krista on Lost! I was so busy on Friday I forgot to email. I went and got my taxes done, so now I just need to wait for my refund. Woohoo! But I was late for work because my accountant likes to take his time and I didn't have time to email. It was a pretty quiet weekend around here. I had the house to myself yesterday and I watched movies, read S&S and re-watched some of Heroes Season 1 on DVD.

Well, time to get back to my organizing!

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Your printed pages look great, Robin!

February 18, 2008  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

Dude, how have we not discussed our shared fascination for Jane Austen stuff?????? I think we have been getting too hung up on Lost or The Office or something... ha ha ha ha ha. I'm a major Jane Austen nut. And I have some books for you. I was going to sell them on eBay, but instead, I'll save them for the next time I see you! :)

February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home