Monday, January 28, 2008

Movies

**Originally posted Thursday, January 24, on my Ten Things blog by mistake LOL!

I am so upset that the writers strike could put off the Oscars. I love Oscar night. Last year I had a bunch of friends over and it was so much fun!

This time of year makes me crazy with all the movies that come out! There were a bunch of things I wanted to see that I'll have to wait for the DVD. But I have been to the movies twice this week! Randi was of for MLK Day, so we went to see Charlie Wilson's War. I usually think political movies are kind of booooooring, but this one was written by Aaron Sorkin, so the chatter was fun, witty and fast paced. It was fun to see Tom Hanks playing a sleaze, but a charming one. And Philip Seymour Hoffman was fantastic as the CIA agent. The movie left me a little disturbed. It's about a congressman's efforts to covertly fund the Afghanis in their war against Russia. There are some scenes from a refugee camp that are very sad. And it's also sad to think of how we've gone from those days to the war now.

Last night, I saw a much funnier movie, 27 dresses. As someone who's been a bridesmaid twice, I really loved it, even though the critics were tough on it. I though Katherine Heigl and James Marsden were adorable. Loved the part where they were messing up the lyrics to Benny and the Jets - that totally reminds me of me and my friend Lisa who are obsessed with figuring out what lyrics are. (I also enjoyed small parts by Melora Hardin of the Office and some ABC soap stars.)
It may have had all the typical cheesy/sappy romantic comedy bits, but I like that in a movie.

I also saw trailers for two more chick flicks I want to see! Patrick Dempsy's going to be in Made of Honor, which looks like a reverse version of My Best Friend's Wedding and Jeffery Dean Morgan is going to be in The Accidental Husband. Those will help me get over my Grey's Anatomy withdrawal if this strike keeps up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home