Monday, January 28, 2008

La Vida Es Un Carnival

I am so dumb! I've been missing all my music since my old computer crashed - forgetting that most of it is on my ipod! D'oh! I got a little speaker for it for Christmas.

I am listening to Celia Cruz. Her music has been in my head since last night. My aunt got us tickets to see Celia, an off Broadway show about Celia Cruz. It was a pretty good show - once I understood what was going on. They had two actresses playing Celia. One was the singer - and even though she was the understudy, she was still pretty amazing. They had her dressed up in all the crazy outfits and wigs, and she would do the singing parts. Then there was a woman - just called woman in the program - who was Celia off stage, interacting with her husband Pedro Knight, who was also telling the story through flashbacks.

On Saturday, I went down to Rutgers to talk to some of the staff at my old college paper. And I got to see some of my old friends who I haven't seen in ages. Some of us went out after and spent the whole afternoon catching up. I still can't get over how some of my friends are all married with kids now.

And of course, I've been rocking out with Guitar Hero all weekend . I've now beaten all three games on Easy and I'm trying to learn the Medium mode. It's hard so I keep quitting and going back to the easy songs!

I need my ipod to charge a little now so I can put some of my Celia Cruz songs on this computer.
Here's a video of Celia singing La Vida Es Un Carnival - Life is a carnival - one of my favorite songs. (I think it's hilarious to see her singing on the beach with all these kids in bikinis.) I've been feeling down lately, so this song really makes me think it's not so bad. You can see the lyrics and translation here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugg, I'm the worst blogger lately! Sounds like you're busy as usual! Loved your movie run down in the last post and I'm missing the awards season too, such a drag with the writers' strike! Take care chica!

January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home