Monday, December 24, 2007

Ho ho ho

I have been giving my printer a workout! I had to make an emergency trip to Staples yesterday because I ran out of color ink! Took me ages to get there with all of the holiday traffic. But I am happy to report that the calendars are all printed, the cookies and brownies are baked, the tree is up and the gifts are wrapped! Woohoo! I finally feel a little relaxed. I just need to finish the laundry and make chicken enchilada casserole for Christmas. And since I have time for myself, I'm working on some crafty stuff that I didn't think I'd get around too!

It's been a crazy but fun weekend! On Saturday, I was pretty busy. I ran out of CD insert paper (made life way easier when printing the calendars) because I decided I was going to give them to all of my aunts and my uncle as well. Randi and I did a little bit of shopping for mom and a few other things. When I got home I started baking. I made things easier on myself by buying cookie dough for the chocolate chips and sugar cookies. I also made my apricot almond oatmeal cookies (tried changing the recipe so they are not as crumbly) and some peanut butter cookies (Melinda, the recipe was great!). My friend Melissa from work came over and we had dinner at Las Palmas (great Spanish food) and then we went by the Rover and hung out with some of my friends there.

Yesterday was more wrapping and printing. My mom was having the ladies of the Moose lodge over so the could exchange gifts, and Betty, Fernando and Lucia came over, too. But the crazy part was just as people were arriving, the power went out! The lights came on again but then they were out for almost an hour! Good thing we had lots of candles!

I have done a lot of projects lately, but haven't posted a thing here. So I'll leave you with some of my latest pages and cards. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Here's a birthday card that I made for Krista that I only just remembered last week as I was going through Office withdrawal! Credits

Jess's team made her cards to surprise her and this is the one I did using here Wintry Mix kit from SBG. Torn paper is recolored from Home Life kit.
I didn't really get anything for Randi this year because I'm giving her money so she can get something new for her new home. So I made her this card to go with her check. Credits: Frame from Jessica Bolton's Cornfed, Angela Barton's shelf letters (recolored), Gina Miller, Tiff Brady and Kate Hadfield's Holly Jolly Christmas, Meredith Fenwick's Old School Chipboard Alphas (recolored), felt gifts from Dani Mogstad's Countdown Very Merry Add On, gift by Kate Hadfield from Songbird Avenue's Sugar Plum kit.

These are some of the cool "toys" from Toys R Us in Times Square. (This is also my latest sketch challenge at RAKScraps). Credits.

I did this for last month's Mega Challenge using the October Mega Kit and Add On and didn't see it here on the blog. Credits.
I also used the October Add on for this card to thank people who helped us raise money for the walk. Credits.Here's one of my poor car. Credits.
And here's another one I haven't posted yet. I made this and had it printed for Betty and family. Credits: Paper by Michelle Coleman, Frame by Jessica Bolton, Cardboard Edge by Linda Gil Bidal.

2 Comments:

Blogger clc said...

Merry Christmas, Robin! I woke up to no internet this morning. Spent 2 hours on hold waiting for ISP but it's working now. Now I'm off to bake pies for tomorrow.

December 24, 2007  
Blogger Melinda said...

Merry Christmas, Robin! relax and enjoy your day!

December 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home