Monday, November 26, 2007

My family is awesome!

Hope you had a great Thankgiving! One of our new traditions has become Thankgiving Eve karaoke at the Moose Lodge. That was fun - but it didn't make waking up easy! I didn't sleep in too late though and got to catch some of the Macy's parade on TV.

We got to spend time outside in the yard playing with sidewalk chalk because the weather was so nice. We didn't even have have our coats on! Taylor was bossing us all around (She told me I couldn't draw stars because only her cousins could draw stars. That's about all I know how to draw!) and Kylie and Rocky were covered in chalk. Dinner was pretty good too.

Then I stopped by my friend Lisa's house to drop off some cookies. The cookies turned out great - except they are too crumbly. But luckily, even the crumbs taste good! Lisa was getting ready to have some of our friends over and was cooking up a storm.

Then I was off to work where we had even more food. They have catering from a local restaurant and it's always great. It's pretty laid back working on holidays so it isn't too bad.

I didn't go shopping on Friday since I had to work, but luckily my mom and Randi stopped at Staples and picked up a 500 gig external drive for me that was a super deal.
Saturday I wanted to shop for a coat - just a coat - but we ended up in several stores and the coats I like didn't fit. So I was cranky! I am not a fan of shopping around crowds. So I went home and watched the 2 hour finale special of the British version of the Office to cheer myself up. We went to dinner at a new place called Tomoso's and the food was so great. After that I went out with my friends and then kicked some butt in Trivial Pursuit on Playstation2.

I slept in Sunday and had a nice suprise from mom and Randi. They had gone shopping and picked up a coat for me! And it fit perfectly!
So to celebrate, I wore it out to the movies. We went to see Enchanted starring my boyfriend Patrick Dempsey and it was so cute!

See, I was feeling kind of tired of being around everyone this long weekend. I was kinda feeling like I'm always doing things for everyone while I'm getting nothing done for myself (did get a little bit of work done on my calendar gifts). But then they go and do all these nice things for me and we do all these fun things together, and that's way better than sitting around on my computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

WOOT! Nicwe score, Robin! And without shopping yourself - that's even better, huh? What a sweet family...
Very cute coat!

November 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home