Thursday, August 09, 2007

What a drag!

Today has been a total waste! I got up early to take my sister's car in for her for an oil change. They only had appointments during the day at the dealer and she wanted to take it in since it would be free. Well, I took the car in, checked in with one guy who told me to take a seat. I was sitting there FOREVER and even asked the people at the counter twice what was going on. Well on my third check in, two hours later, they told me I neglected to check with the right desk and that the car wasn't even properly processed so it was just sitting there!!!! I was so mad! I know I was dumb I guess for not knowing what to do, but I did talk to them twice and they did see me sitting there and I'm guessing someone must have seen the car sitting there too.

Well, the only thing that kept me from noticing how long I was sitting there was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I have started re-reading the books and I'm up to book three. I am so obsessed LOL! But I love reading it now, knowing how it all ends and picking up on lots of foreshadowing and little throwaway lines, like in book 2 where the boys say they thought Snape could read minds. :) And I never really liked Chamber of Secrets all that much compared to the other books, but now I really loved it! It just made so much more sense knowing about horcruxes and Tom Riddle. (Sorry to the non-Harry fans who have no idea what I'm talking about!) Mom is finally done with the last book, so maybe I'll skip around and read that again next. (I know, I'm sick!)

So I still haven't decided what to do about my week off next week. It doesn't help that I don't get paid again until next Thursday. I'm thinking about asking my boss to cancel a few of the days so I can just take a long weekend, but then again, I don't really want to be at work either. Only a few more days to figure something out! YIKES!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about the car situation Robin. I HATE stuff like that!! Hey, if you don't know what to do next week, come visit me. I'm BORED!! The girls would love you. We could go to the zoo, the art museum, COSI, swimming...all kinds of stuff. You could be their Aunt Robin for the week. :-)

August 09, 2007  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yuck- I hate car stuff too! They really should have said something to you sooner. I swear people have forgotten the 'service' part of customer service!

You are always welcome to come hang with me any time too!

August 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the situation with the car was ridiculous! I would have been totally steamed!

Glad you're enjoying rereading the books. I need to start rereading the couple I have read so that I can work my way through the series now that they're all out. I told dh not to spoil anything for me. He said ok, but that the no spoilers statute of limitations is seven years, so I have to finish by then or all bets are off. LOL

August 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home