Sunday, July 08, 2007

Greeting from Springfield!

Check out where I went yesterday!
I went to into the city with my friend Melissa from work to check out the Kwik-E-Mart/7-Eleven!


These guys even had Kwik-E-Mart shirts on. And there was all kinds of stuff like Squishees (I had a Blue Woohoo), pink donoughts, Buzz Cola, Simpsons cookies, bobbleheads, cookies, t shirts, straws. And there were just lots of people taking photos and buying stuff, too. I think it's just brilliant marketing! :)

Ralph Wiggum is one of my favorites! (Sideshow Bob would be the other non-family fave.)
After that, we went to see Transformers in Times Square. We had bought our tickets early, but didn't get back soon enough so we had to sit in the front. So I was little dizzy. But the movie was so freakin' cool! I loved Tranformers as a kid. We'd watch the cartoon after school and Mike had a bunch of the cars. I thought Shia LeBouf was great, and his parents were a riot. I also love Josh Duhmel because he was on All My Children. The effects were all pretty awesome too. And at first it was cool to see the first robots transform. But the coolest thing for me was seeing Optimus Prime! I got chills! And the whole crazy NYC audience was cheering and rooting throughout the movie so it was just even more fun!

We had some maragaritas and Mexican food after and then I caught up with some friends at the local pub where I used to be a regular. It was pretty weird there because I had lots of guys hitting on me! It's been awhile I guess, so it felt strange, but cool too LOL! Not really my types though.

I'm waiting now for Betty and Lucia and Raffy to come by. I was outside trying to work on my tan, but it's just too hot out there! I'll stick to the nice, cool air conditioning instead!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Springfield looks like tons of fun!! We laugh like Ralph way too much, especially at our kids or dog.

What's weird about guys hitting on your hot self? ;) I'm glad you had fun! I can't wait to see Tranformers!

July 09, 2007  
Blogger Melinda said...

oh, that looks like fun! I'd love to see a Kwik-E Mart :) I don't think it justifies driving to Denver for though, not with gas prices being what they are. I'm glad you got to go.

Bryce is dying to see the Transformers movie, but I think we'll be going to see Harry first ;)

July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home