Thursday, March 08, 2007

A rough day

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I was up early and on the computer when Randi called me to go to her friend's funeral with her. I've always had this weird thing where I can feel when my sister needs me, so maybe that's why I couldn't sleep.

We got to the church late (I really need coffee and then we got a little lost and there was no parking) and the chuch was just packed. The service was really beautiful, but so sad. His father was a principal in town so there were so many of my old teachers and friends who are teachers now. Plus, he was a teacher so his school had canceled classes and there were many students there as well. It was a nice service - they always make me think and miss all the people who I have lost.

The father talked at the end to thank everyone for the support they've shown the family and said some very touching things. The thing that made me sad was that he said he got to know his son better in the last two days then he had in 29 years.

We also got lost on the way to the cemetery. We were following other cars and some of them got detoured. So I just stuck behind one car who seemed to know where he was going - ended up being my former health teacher.

It was so hard to see my sister upset and to see her ex-boyfriend break down (this was one of his best friends). And it was just so sad to think of how such a nice, young guy with so much going for him could just be gone.

I know some friends of mine are dealing with some rough stuff today as well - and I only wish I could be there for them too. It's all you can do really. Sending you all some big hugs today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Awww - hugs again, Robin!
My BF and I always know when we are going to call each other too.
How's your wrist?

March 08, 2007  
Blogger Melinda said...

How lucky you are to be close to your family so that you can help give them support when they need it. I'm a bit jealous! I'm sure the funeral was rough- it's one thing when the person has lived a full life and another when it is cut short. Hugs to you too, Robin! I hope you are able to get some needed rest tonight!

March 09, 2007  
Blogger Peta said...

Don't have much more then big squishy hugs to send you hun! You have such a beautiful heart my dear! {{{HUG}}} I'm sure the friends you can't be there for in person know that you are there for them in thought and would do anything to be there with them too.

March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home