Monday, February 19, 2007

Scrap Wow Review

I had so much fun building my Scrap Wow pages and checking out the site. Here's my review from the February RAK File ....

Scrap Wow is a site that really lives up to its name! It has so much to offer from digital scrapbook kits to inspiration for your scrapbook layouts to a service that helps you “scrap” your own web site!

The Scrap Wow store is stocked with kits from some of digital scrapbooking’s top designers - Carrie Stephens, Michelle Underwood, Doris Castle, Clara Wallace and Shelly Pukas. And the annual membership is a great deal! You get to download several free kits from the Scrap Wow team - and featured designer - who happens to be RAKScraps own Jeanine Baechtold for the month of February - as well as some great tools, including e-books of sketches and quotes that provide really fabulous inspiration. (The quotes are really unique and hilarious. Not at all your typical scrappy type of quotes.) I had so much stuff to play with!
(Created using Sketch from 77 Scrapbook Sketches and Doris Castle’s
Pure Love from Scrap Wow)

But what I really loved about Scrap Wow was building my own web site! I really don’t know much about html or web design. Scrap Wow has a great variety of templates, which are sort of like quick pages, that you can use as backgrounds for the different pages on your site. The pages are designed using kits by the fabulous Scrap designers, so you know they’re all beautiful! So I was able to build I a page in a matter of seconds designed by one of my favorite designers, Carrie Stephens! You can check out my site here. Then I was able to further customize my site buy building albums. I created an album for each of my nieces, one for Rocky and one that’s all about me. I was able to pick different backgrounds for those as well, finding backgrounds that
matched each person’s personality. (There was even a doggie background for Rocky!) You can also add video and news to your page as well.

I think this is a great way to create a gallery that is all your own to share with your family and friends! I know some of my relatives aren’t all computer savvy and have no idea how to find my gallery at RAKScraps. But I could give them this link instead and keep all of my pages organized here. I’m sure I will be adding more albums and pages soon! You could create albums to just show case your photos as well. And for the low price of the annual membership, it is well worth it!

Hope you'll visit my page and sign my guest book!

You can read Jeanine's review of Scrap Wow in the February RAK File newsletter :)
(Jeanine Baechtold’s Faded Sky - from Scrap Wow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home