Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm bored

So it's Saturday night and I've got the house to myself. Randi's out at a Gypsy Kings concert. Mom's out at some Irish show with Grandma. I'm not totally alone since Rocky's here.
I just picked up some stuff to make quesedillas for my Oscar party tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight. I don't really feel like scrapping. I had forgotten to send my movies back until Thursday, so I didn't get anything new from Netflix to watch. I think I may order some dinner and check out what's on demand.

So Randi rented two movies that I just watched. The first was a documentary - The U.S. vs. John Lennon. Now being a big Beatles fan - I've read tons of books on the Beatles, but this focused on a period I didn't know so much about. It was about John's association with radical activists like Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin and Bobby Seale and how the Nixon administration targeted Lennon and caused problems for him since he wasn't a citizen. It talked a lot about his activisim and all the crazy stunts he and Yoko put together like the bed in and War is Over if You Want It. And it was edited nicely with lots of songs by John. I really liked it, and well anything about John Lennon just makes me teary.

I also watched Flags of Our Fathers, which was ok. I'm not a big Eastwood fan. I had a hard time following some of the story since there were multiple narrators and flashbacks. And some of the war scenes were a little too gruesome. I already had enough realistic gruesome war scenes in Saving Private Ryan, which I liked way better.

So I have been meaning to blog about my favorite show, Grey's Anatomy. I am sooooooooo disappointed in the last three-episode arch. Blah! Big old February sweeps ratings stunt. That's the kind of stuff that turned me off from ER. There were some good things - like Patrick Dempsey's performace. He was so incredible and Derek's pain was so real. And it was nice to see Denny. I did like Izzie's return to herself (except for her problems with George and Callie). But the whole Meredith drowning and then all of them saving Meredith was crap. There's no way they could have brought her back like that or kept at it. There was a major disaster in the city and all of the top surgeons were working on 1 patient. So unrealistic! And I just didn't like the dream or whatever that was. It made no sense!!!!! Why did that girl keep bleeding? Ugh! I hope things get back to normal soon! Thanks for listening to me rant!!!

On the other hand I'm loving Lost lately and the Office. So at least I have other shows to keep me happy. Even Desperate Housewives has been pretty good. I'm such a TV junkie, especially now that I have my Tivo.

So maybe I'll feel inspired later and get working on some scrappy stuff, but for now I think I'll go watch more TV.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I'm bored too, but since scrapping is what I do when I'm bored (can't watch TV till everyone else goes to bed) I'll be on the computer later if you get tired of watching tv and feel like chatting ;)

February 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fun being bored, TV is no good tonight, wish I had On Demand or something!
I agree about Grey's, kinda turned me off too.

February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home