Monday, February 26, 2007

And the Oscar goes to....

So I had a great time watching the Oscars! I had a bunch of friends over - although not as many as hoped and now I have a ton of leftovers! :) We had so much food and we made yummy chocolate martinis.
I'm not sure if they air them live on the West Coast - so if not there could be some spoilers here. Just warning ya!
I was glad to see the Departed win Best Picture and Martin Scorsese take the prize for Best Director. I saw sooooo many movies in the last year and they didn't get nods - but this is one I saw and loved. Great story and so many great actors. And hot ones too! Matt, Leo, Mark. Mmmmmm...
I was suprised by a few of the night's upsets! Eddie Murphy lost to Alan Arkin - but I loved him in Little Miss Sunshine, too. And what a joke about Happy Feet beating Cars. I didn't see that one - but I don't know anyone over 5 who liked Happy Feet, whereas Cars was so cute and warm and fuzzy.
Pan's Labrynth won a bunch of awards - and that was a really awesome movie. I was also really happy for Jennifer Hudson! I was glad Little Miss Sunshine also won for Original Screenplay too. Also very thrilled for An Inconvenient Truth for Documentary. (If you haven't seen it - it is really great and scary! And I really don't think it's a Democrat vs. Republican thing. It's about the future of our planet.)
I didn't see any of the other award winning actors - but I've already added most of the films to my super long Netflix queue. Oh and I won the Oscar pool too, which is nice since I made back a little bit of the money I spent on the party!
Well, in honor of Jennifer Hudson, I'm listening to the Dreamgirls soundtrack and hope to get some scrapping done tonight! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

I didn't watch the Oscars (I know...gasp!) so thanks for the run down of the show!

Chocolate martinis? I don't know how they taste, but they sound YUMMY. :)

February 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love chocolate martini's!! Loved the Oscars!

February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home