Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend ramblings

So I have some pretty cool news! I'm going to be on Jessica Bolton's Eclectic team! I am such a huge fan of her work - I think I have everything she's made - and I'm really excited to be working with her and to have more of a reason to scrap now!

I can't believe the weekend is OVER! Having weekends off now is so different. I'm going out and not spending my time at the computer - so I am hardly even checking my email on weekends. My sister says that is a GOOD thing. LOL! Plus I've been having nasty headaches for the last few days so that's kept me off the computer.

On Saturday we had dinner at Joanie's and drank lots of sangria. While Randi and I were out running errands, we also found a great wine shop that has tastings and picked up some wine to bring with us. Tonight, we went to see Rocky Balboa - which was suprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be. I had pretty low expectations going in, but I had promised Randi I'd go with her since Rocky is one of her all time favorite movies (in case you ever wondered where my doggie nephew got his name). We went to see Rocky IV when she was about 5 years old and she left the theater asking when the next one was coming out. She was as excited to see this as I was to see LOTR. Then we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - a Cuban place called Azucar in it's new location in Jersey City. I am still stuffed. So as you can tell, my diet didn't go too well this weekend. My sister's new boyfriend met the family this weekend and I think he did ok and didn't get scared off either.

I also discovered another awesome show on Showtime On Demand that I had been meaning to catch up on - Dexter. It is pretty creepy and not for anyone with a week stomach. Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under plays a seriel killer who works in police forensics. He's just amazing in it! So different than David Fisher.
And another reason I love this show - it's set in Miami so there's lots of Cuban music in the background!

If you're up for scrapping, be sure to check out our RAK in the New Year challenges at RAKScraps all month long. I'm hosting the first one which is about your favorite things (moments, photos, anything!) of 2006. All the topics each week will be looking back at 2006 or looking ahead at 2007.


And thanks to everyone who's been sharing tips about organization. I'm still not sure where to even start, but I have some ideas at least and am keeping myself calm about it by trying to think of small steps to take.


Well, I'm going to watch some more Dexter now. All this fun this weekend and not one photo! Can you believe that! So I'll leave you with a LO I did last week! :) You can see my credits here.

New episodes this week! Woohoo! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

My oldest (13) is a huge Rocky fan, too. I think we're going to hold out to see the new one though - when it's on DVD (we're so cheap)! LOL

SO happy to have you on the team!

Have a great day!

January 08, 2007  
Blogger Melinda said...

congrats on making jessica's team! I had brief, fleeting thoughs of applying too. I found out I was going to be on Dani's team before Jessica's call ended, so I didn't end up applying this time. Maybe next term!

January 09, 2007  
Blogger Audimc said...

Hey is the guy in the picture from Dexter the guy from 6 feet under??? Kind of looks like him. Congrats on Jessica's team!! Her stuff rocks! I was way too chicken to apply! You will be an awesome addition to her team! Sounds like a fun weekend. And I heard from other people that Rocky was very good.. I still have no desire to see it! LOL

I finally am back in check on the diet! I did "take off" the last 2 days!! UGH!!!

January 10, 2007  
Blogger Audimc said...

duh if I read it more closely I would have noticed you said it was him!!!! Dee Dee Dee!!!

January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on making the team!

I hope you saved some Sangria for me since I LOVE it! yummy! And that restaurant you ate out sounds fantastic!

If it makes you feel any better...I think we are on some kind of the same boat with the whole organization thing. I need to focus on the baby steps.

January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home