Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's a Christmas miracle

I've been using that phrase all week! Work was pretty smooth this week - I was actually home at 1 am a few nights and I didn't have to double up on assignments. I have almost all of my gifts ready to go - with the exception of a little problem with the CD calendar. The pages were too big for the cases. I usually call my photos into Picassa and then print, because for some reason the colors look better than when I print from PS. Well, I think it expanded the pages when they printed or something. I'll see if I can get that fixed tomorrow. Thanks to the gals at DST who gave me some ideas on other ways to package these.

** On Demand & Six Feet Under **
While I was cutting out my pages last night, I was watching more Six Feet Under. I a, so HOOKED on it this week. I watched all of Season 1 last weekend and now I'm watching it over. It's on HBO On Demand right now. I never watched it when it was on much, although my sister is a huge fan. I think I didn't have cable when it started and I didn't want to get hooked on something. But I like being able to watch entire seasons without having to wait for the next episode. I'm going to have to Netflix the next round. I also caught up on Rome (never saw the season 1 ender) and Da Ali G show, which just kills me. Love, love, love On Demand.

** More Chick's Life pages **
Here's another Christmas miracle. I am caught up again with my Chick's Life pages. I got two more done today! This one is my letter to Santa...
(Michelle Coleman's Merry Little Christmas. That Scrapartist sale is killing me! Template by Gina Miller)

And then this one is about my holiday decor and my new Simpons ornaments.
(Jen Wilson's MerryDays 2 & 5 and template by Rachael Giallongo)

Oh and see that page right up there - did that in PS CS3!

**Another reason I love Shutterfly **
I ordered prints earlier this week - and they arrived today. And they are gorgeous. They're not at all muddy like the Sam's Club prints I usually get. It was much easier to upload, just as quick, even if it was a little more expensive. I think I'm going to use them for my photos from now on.

**Pandora Internet Radio**
Another Christmas Miracle: I found a music service that works on my mac at work! :) (Nothing ever works there!!!) I was in the mood for some Christmas tunes and I found Pandora Internet Radio. You can put in a song or artist that you want to hear and it will come up with a playlist of songs for you! And it's free too!

** Christmas Plans**
I am going to a party with Randi on Saturday night, then to Dad's on Christmas Eve, and I'll probably stop by my mom's friend's house. Sunday we open presents in the morning and we'll probably make Mike make breakfast. Randi and I still haven't decided if we want to go down to my aunt's farm. Mom doesn't want to go. Mike, Vez and the kids will be staying home, too. But the rest of my mom's family will be going. It's about a 2 hour drive - but traffic coming home is always a killer. Not a great way to finish off Christmas.

But I'm just really excited to be off for three days! That is the biggest Christmas miracle of all. I can't wait to give Taylor her gifts, watch Kylie play with wrapping paper, make Rocky pose for photos, and give everyone their scrapbooks. I have a nice suprise for Randi, too.

And since I don't have all of your addresses, here's my Christmas card. (Used Meredith Fenwick's True Spirit kit and that's the Rockefeller tree last year.) Hope you all have some Christmas miracles, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Raji said...

Thank you Robin, wish you a merry christmas too. Don't forget to take pictures when Taylor & Kylie open their presents:)

December 23, 2006  
Blogger Melinda said...

Merry Christmas, Robin! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Your Chick's Life pages are great! I keep telling myself it is a good thing that I can't DL stuff easily, so it keeps my spending in check! I love both those kits you used!

December 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Robin!!!!

And omg, your gorgeous xmas chick's life page, is making me want to head back over to SA and pick up more goodies...and here i was trying to be a good girl :)

December 24, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

Don't you just LOVE time off??? I used to watch 6 feet under and then stopped somewhere in the 3rd season.. then I would watch it on and off. I really need to catch up on it.. I loved the stories!! I agree about shutterfly.. good pics! I definately need to hit the sales as well :) Have a Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home