Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mondays

I just got in from work, and it's later than usual. Don't know how long it's going to take to get adjusted to this new schedule. Even though I had 2 days off, it still feels like something's not just right. Like I didn't get enough sleep or something!

Well, I did have to work early because I had a meeting. I'm on a committee that's working on communication as our newsroom is about to undergo some big changes to keep up with how the news business is changing. I'm kind of glad to be taking part because I like knowing what's going on! And then we had a party tonight for my friend Pam who is leaving and moving to Indiana. I'm so sad - she was my soap opera gossip buddy! Hee! I guess we can email gossip now. But at the same time, my friend Betsy is back from maternity leave (and her baby is soooooo cute). It's good to have a fellow digi at work again!

And speaking of work, my boss just ran the NYC marathon. How cool is that. He looked beat today, but that's still pretty awesome.

My sister said she would miss me on Mondays. Monday has been our day to hang out since she was in college. So we went to the movies yesterday instead and saw The Prestige. It was pretty cool - but I got confused! There are a lot of flashbacks and I couldn't keep track. The magic stuff was pretty cool too.

And I got a lot of pages done this weekend! :) RAK events are always good for getting motivated. I always think if I go through all the trouble of planning the fun, I need to take part too! So here are some of my pages...

Did this one for my Take 2 challenge (which runs through Tuesday). Challenge was to redo a page you weren't happy with or re-scrap a photo you love. This one falls into both categories. Here was my orig. I used Amy Knepper's Darling Dreamer kit, Stitched Heart by Dani B and felt heart by Gina Cabrera.

Here's my Chick's Life wrap up for October! The one thing this page is really missing is a photo of Jen Reed! I can't believe we didn't take pictures. I guess I didn't think of it - we were so busy either talking or stuck in traffic! :) Love ya Jen!!!!! And I used Correen Silke's Weekend Escape kit from Computer Scrapbook and Christy Lyle's Distressed Stamped Alphas (my new fave alphas).
Melinda challenged us with this quiz at last night's Night Owl challenge. :) It was so much fun to do this one - and even easier since she did a template for us! I used Tracy Ann Robinson's Thankful kit, which was a freebie I got in Chicago. Speaking of quizes, I did the prize for the Quiz Me challenge at SBB this week, which I think is for subscribers. :)

And this is my Chick's Life page about fall, which is my favorite season! Took this photo on the walk last week. :) I used Kim Jensen's Rich Autumn from Scrapdish, and my Sunrise papers from Scrapdish, and my October Night Papers from SBB for this LO. And I am all caught up with my Chick's Life pages, for now at least!

Want to know what I've been doing while I scrap ... Watching Season 1 of the Muppet Show on DVD on mom's computer. It was so stinking funny!!!!

Well, now I'm going to catch up on the shows I taped. Going to take a break from scrapping tonight. And if you're in the U.S., don't forget.... Tuesday is Election Day. I don't care who you vote for, just vote! I do believe that ever vote counts and that women, especially, need to have their voices heard!!!!!!!

The mayor of my town is running for the local congressoinal seat - so things should be interesting around here. And then they'll be really crazy at work tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your layouts are gorgeous chica, of course, I especially love the fall one, nice color!

I hope that schedule gets better soon!

November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home