Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's not all bad

Well since yesterday I was cranky, I though I'd share some happier news today. I was down 3.5 pounds at my weigh in today! :) That's the most I've lost all month. I am now officially down 50.5 pounds.

And my mom did the nicest thing today. I had a huge pile of mail to go out today, and when I went to grab it - it was gone. First I thought that I dreamed getting everything ready the night before, but I called her and she said she took care of it for me. Saved me a trip to the post office!

Yesterday was another book sale at work. We save all the free stuff we get like books, cds, etc. and then have a sale and the money goes to charity. I picked up James Frey's My Friend Leonard, a book by Julia Alvarez (can't remember the title but I loved her book In The Time of Butterflies), Morely and Me for my sister (it's a book about a family and their dog) and some books for her classroom. All for about $30.

I also got a nice note from our editor in chief and a little "reward" for helping out last Friday when there were some crazy computer problems. I got a nice $25 visa gc.

And my dear friend Amy K said the sweetest things about her CT in a thread at DST. She's retiring from designing and today's the last day to grab her stuff at crazy low prices at Scrapdish. I just love this gal. I'm sad that I won't have any new kits from her to play with, but I know I'll also be happy to see lots of layouts from her as she plans to do more scrapping! :)

So even though I still feel kinda blah, there are some things to be happy about. And thanks to all of you for sending good vibes my way!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG on hitting the 50 lb mark, Robin! That is so awesome! And too cool that your EIC recognized your hard work too. :) And thanks for the mention, it's so weird that my stuff is all gone now!!!

December 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh WOW hun that is awesome news on the weight loss [I've fallen off the wagon of late - epp hehe - might have to get you to kick my butt every now and then! :)]

Glad you had some good news after the crankies - that always makes me feel better too :)

and to save comments LOL - LOVE The new shirt - how cute is that?!

December 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! That is so awesome Robin, what an accomplishment!

And I like the photos you took today too!

December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home