Sunday, June 04, 2006

Where the blog have I been?

I was planning to do a lot more blogging this week, but I haven't been spending much time on the computer. I have done ZERO scrapping all week! I did work on one kit, but other than that it's just been CD burning and emails.

So I spent my last day as a 29 year old in New York City. I felt so crazy and New York makes me feel sane. All the tourists running around, the noise, the traffic. It's easy to forget your problems amid all that. So I went to the MoMA - and I haven't been there in so long. I just love it there. Start at the top with Picasso, Cezanne, Van Gough, Dali, Monet and then head down to Warhol, Johns. Pollack and Oldenburg. I love this stuff. Then to the design - every thing from Macs to Frank Lloyd Wright - and photography. And then the sculpture garden. It was a perfect day. Not at all muggy and it was so nice to sit outside and have an iced coffee. I picked up some posters for Randi's new apartment. Then I took a cab uptown to see An Inconvenient Truth. It's Al Gore the Movie, and he explains all about global warming and what can be done about it in a way that makes sense.
After getting back, I stopped by Randi's and we had a nonbirthday icecream cake from Maggie Moo's which was pretty awesome. Cake batter ice cream. Sooooooo good.

BTW, Xmen kicked ass. I won't give any of it away, but if you go see it - stay until the end of the credits. I just love Hugh Jackman. And it was pretty cool to see Kelsey Grammer in blue.

Wednesday I did not want to get out of bed. I finally did because I knew the gals at RAKScraps would have something up their sleeves... and they did make me feel so much better. They are all just so great! :) I even got a few nice surprises in the mail and email too. I decided to do a little shopping - so I went out to the mall and spent lots of money on some summer clothes. But then as I was heading home, I had this pain in my stomach. It was pretty bad, so I spent the rest of the night on the couch watching the National Spelling Bee. A pretty pathetic night if you ask me!

Friday my friends convinced me to go out. So we had a great dinner at South City Grille in Jersey City. The food was amazing, drinks pretty weak. Hot manager there too. We should have made up a problem to get him to come back to the table. :) I should have gone home after, because my tolerance is not what it used to be. Hung out with Joanine and after a few drinks I was a mess.

Well Saturday was pretty cool because I went to this Memories Expo with mom and we met up with Krista and Jeanine! :) Mom got to see that internet friends are not imaginary! I could have spent a lot of money, but just bought this album from SEI that is just perfect for an album of quick pages. They have them in all sizes and would be great for mini albums and other digi projects.

Taylor and Kylie stayed over last night. I stayed in because I'm still not feeling so great, so I played princesses with T and got locked in the dungeon several times. Today I just bummed around. Just saw the Sopranos finale - and I swear that was the most touchy-feely episode yet! LOL! I can just imagine some of my guy friends kicking the TV.

I also managed to finish a bunch of books this week. There was Million Little Pieces, Jennifer Weiner's Little Earthquakes, The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson - so amazing and heartbreaking,especially if you have a sister - Undomesticated Godess by Sophie Kinsella (so funny!), Addicted to Solitare by Alison Carter, and a few magazines. Reading has been like crack this week.

So that's how I spent my summer vacation. I can't believe it's over. Pretty exciting, huh?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was just going to email you and ask you where the blog you were, LOL! All in all, it sounds like a great week, you did what you wanted, and hey, that's awesome! I love those SEI albums, I buy one whenever they are in stock at the LSS, which is hardly ever, especially since I've been known to buy them in bulk, LOL. Awesome presents and soooo alterable, not a word, I know.

June 05, 2006  
Blogger Audimc said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I especially like the Hot Manager part LOL

I really want to see Xmen 3.. maybe this weekend. I may have to get one of those albums too. Have a great week!!

June 05, 2006  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

So nice to run into you and to meet your mom on Saturday. We are not imaginary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hope you feel better soon. I have a pretty rotten cold now. UGH!

June 05, 2006  
Blogger Maria said...

sounds like a great break! (though you haven't been feeling well) I am right smack dab in the middle of Little Earthquakes...I just love Jennifer Weiner!

June 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I thought you were moving — "last day as a 29 year old in NYC" — but now I see it's your birthday! happy happy!

June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home