Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Book binge

At work we have a book sale where all the books and things that publishers send us are up for sale super cheap and all the money goes to charity. I've got a CRATE full of new books! I picked up a few mom and baby books that I think would be nice gifts for a friend who is preggo. BTW, one of them is full of lines like we used in the mom's advice challenge. Can't believe I didn't find this one sooner! I picked up a few books by Sophie Kinsella, who I've been wanting to read, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Night Elie Wiesel as well as his Day, which I didn't know about. Then there's a book called Enrique's Journey, which I actually already read on the LA Times web site, but I just love it. It's a journalist's report about a boy and how he traveled on the tops of trained, almost died several times, etc., all to find his mom in the U.S. It was so sad and it one all kinds of awards. Then I also got a cool color book and two nonfiction things I had read about, The Year of Yes (about a girl who says yes to every date in 1 year) and Self Made Man (about a woman who spends a year living as a man). Also got a little box of teas that sound so yummy. So you see I buy books the way I buy digikits. Have way more than I know what to do with, but I love them. I spent way less today than on NSD and I tell myself - at least it's for charity! LOL!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you got some cool reads! Fear and Loathing is one of my all-time favorites, it totally had me LOL.

May 10, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you, Robin! and it does mean alot to me that you like my new page! :)
I totally jealous on your book finds! LOVE new books, of course, I have to get my butt off the computer to read them...

May 10, 2006  
Blogger Melinda said...

Books- I remember those, I think?! I am seriously feeling a lack in that department lately. I usually read so voraciously, but I spend just about all of my spare time on the computer these days. Have fun reading!

May 10, 2006  
Blogger skyescrapz said...

Sophie Kinsella is awesome. Those shopaholic books are laugh-out-loud funny. Yeah, I'm a chick lit sort of a gal...

May 10, 2006  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

how cool is thattttt! what a deal and for charity! there ya go! woohooo

May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home