Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pirates and critters

Today I got an email from those hardworking and fantatic ladies at the Stop Piracyblog. I just can't say enough about how helpful they are.
So the news was someone was sharing my Flair freebie that was in the Scrapdish Newsletter. That just makes me sad. That was a freebie offered to our customers as a thank you. If you wanted it, all you had to do was sign up and that's it! Pretty easy. Emailed right to you. Well the person who apparently shared it said she didn't know it was wrong and she got it from someone else who said it was a freebie. Well, d'uh it was a freebie. That shouldn't make a difference but people just don't get it! UGH! If you haven't read the April RAK File Newsletter, Mrs. S wrote a great article about piracy that really helps explain the issue.

Well before that, we had a really great day at the Ag Field Day and Folk Festival at Rutgers. I always just love going back there! We brought Taylor and she can be so cute and funny, but also so bratty! :) The girl is a tantrum queen. She would just throw herself on the ground if she wouldn't get her way - which involved pulling off price stickers and touching fragile crafty things and knocking things over. She did have fun on the kiddie rides and we got her an air brush tattoo (hoping her mom wouldn't mind - and she didn't). She also did pretty well at the craft fair and got a Dora necklace and wooden puzzle. (The kid is a genius at puzzles. She doesn't even look at the box or do the edges first like I do.) And of course she loved the animals - tons of dogs (there's a big dog show) and then the farm animals - pigs, cows, horsies. She did not like the bugs! YUCK! The ectomolgy students have racing roaches and then cookies made out of worms, which Randi proudly eats every year. (The worm cookies not the roaches.)

Oh and we stopped in the college book store I got a Rutgers scrapbook! Maybe I'll do some paper pages as I have a ton of college photos that aren't even in albums. (Um, don't hold me to that though.) It was a total ripoff but I thought it was so cool. I also got myself a really nice necklace and earings.

I noticed something today strange about myself. I am always getting lost. Seriously, even driving home from work it happens. I am the worst at it. But getting to Rutgers and around the campuses - no problem. Don't think twice. Randi didn't have to remind what lane or exit. And I even managed to direct all my relatives who were down there parked in different spots to the same place. They were all checking out the horses before the auction tomorrow. Then on the way home though I had to be reminded how to get back from Route 3 to North Bergen. I haven't been to New Brunswick for 3 years but still know it like the back of my hand. Lived in this almost all my life and can't find my elbow! Makes no sense at all!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??!?! What?!?!? What?!?! I can't believe this has happened to you. Ugh - what is wrong w/these people? Sorry this happened to you...like we all need something else to take up our time and give us additional stress. I am glad that there are people looking out for you designers.

April 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oopsies! That was me! Darn...now I gotta try to get the word verification right again lol

karen (Hom74)

April 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Robin, I just hate that this is happening to everyone. Sounds like you were having a good day up until then!

May 01, 2006  
Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

not little angel Taylor...no tantrums from her. I don't believe it. Lol...that is funny. Sounds fun though.

Sorry about hte stinking idiots out there. sigh.

love ya!

May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home