Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Big deal

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain and all I was kinda bored. I had decided to check out what was playing after I left Randi's on Monday. I was the only person in the theater, and when the movie started there was a big Loews logo in red right in the middle of the screen. There was no one around on the 2nd floor of the theater so I decided to call the theater on my cell. And it worked. Got the screen fixed and a comp pass too!
But back to the movie. I had already read the story so there were no surprises. It was pretty short and it seems like they really had to drag it out. Sure Heath & Jake were very nice to look at, and they had great chemistry. I didn't buy that they had aged 20 years, especially since Jake has such a baby face. I think it was good, but a lot of the scenes seemed a little repetitive or pointless. I don't see why people get so upset over the gay cowboys - get over it!!!

Tonight, I saw Munich, which I wasn't going to see, but I was bored and off from work. Pretty disturbing movie and Eric Bana was really great in it. Not sure what Spielberg's message was, but the movie does speak to a lot of what's going on now. I think more than anything, the last scene disturbed me the most, because it all wraps up with NYC in the background. Just made me think that the cycle of terrorism and retaliation is endless.

I need to see more comedies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

That's funny, here in the San Francisco Bay Area, I don't hear alot of "worked up" people about Brokeback Mountain (no suprise there). I guess it is a big deal to some people, but not for me, and the movie isn't even that good anyway.
I've been wanting to see Munich, now it sounds even more interesting.
I'm always at a loss about the cycles of violence myself. I don't understand the retaliation mentality, specially in the name of the most peaceful beings to ever walk our earth.

February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home