Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Drip... drip... drip

This is what I have been hearing for the last few hours. I thought my flooding problems were done when I moved - but maybe it's just me! D'oh!
There was a new skylight put in last year and it keeps dripping - about three feet away from my bookshelves. Roofer is supposed to come tomorrow.
It has been pouring here since Friday. It is so miserable!

I started reading the Chronicles of Naria today. I saw a version that had all the book in one at Target. I really want to see the movie coming out soon so I wanted to read it first. I read the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe when I was a kit, but it is one of the few books that I have no memory of! I only remember there was a girl named Lucy!

Speaking of books turned into movies, I finally watched the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. Now I know why Bridget Jones loved Mr. Darcy. :) It was so great.

I also just saw another movie tonight, based on a book, In Her Shoes. Our review in the paper gave it a lousy review - but Randi and I loved it. That reviewer must not have a sister! I am a big Toni Collette since Muriel's Wedding, and I think it sucks that the movie poster only has Cameron Diaz on it because the movie's not just about her. I just read another book called Good in Bed by the author of the book it's based on, Jennifer Weiner.

I should probably be doing some work, but the power outage earlier screwed up my computer and my vcr. So Arrested Development didn't tape and I lost some stuff I was working on in photoshop. Instead I've been blog browsing and checking out the sale at Modscraps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Blankenship said...

Robin, lol...the drip follows you! You poor thing! I wish it would rain here, clean up some of this air...lots of fires.

I don't remember much about those books either...have to read them again...didn't know the movie was coming out!

And I sooooo want to see In her shoes!! Looks great to me.

I can't even remember the last movie I got to go see...I was thinking of going by myself one of these days, lol.

And I need to read some good books...you need to put a list together of must reads for me ;)

October 11, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

You will love Chronicles of Narnia, Robin! I used to read those every time I got sick and was stuck in bed for days.

And didn't you just immediately want to put Pride & Prejudice right back in the DVD player and watch it all again? It was so fantastic.

Have fun at the convention!

October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home