Monday, August 08, 2005

Trilogies



One of my co-workers has a thing for keeping track of celebrity death trilogies. I don't know if I'd call these all celebrities, but it's a sort of strange trilogy.

1. Al Aronowitz. This guy was so weird to us when he came to speak to us at our editoral board meeting at The Daily Targum. He started telling us about how he hung out with the Beatles and Dylan. And we just thought he smoked too much pot, but turn out I was reading some stuff on the Beatles years later and came across his name. He wasn't making it up.
David has this photo on his web site. We think he looked like Mr. Furley.
http://www.davidfarre.com/targum/c960834.html

2. Ibrahim Ferrer. I was listening to his album today and I was so sad. I just love this man's voice and I was lucky to see the Buena Vista Social Club a few years ago. If you haven't seen the documentary about them, you should! It's hard to believe such an amazing voice can come out of such a little, skinny man. I remember listening to BVSC a few Christmas ago with my grandmother and she told me all about listening to Ben More in Cuba.


3. Peter Jenning. Always my favorite news anchorman. I was off a few weeks ago and got to watch the evening news, and noticed he was still not back yet. :( I just saw the news that he died on CNN when I got home tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home