Saturday, August 20, 2005

Moving nightmare begins!

I knew something was bound to go wrong. It always does. In fact, I thought something did go wrong already when I tore open my thumb moving some crates, and then Randi and Khoder - two of the most reliable people in my life, went to Florida!
Well the mover - who gave me the best rate and a pitch about what a great job he's going to do for me - called and said he can't be here at 8 a.m. His crew couldn't finish a job today and they need to finish it tomorrow when they are supposed to be moving my stuff. Well, he says they should arrive by noon, but that doesn't make me very comfortable! He told me it should be a 5 hour job - which includes 3 stops. First we're dropping off my fridge at a friend's house, then we're unloading at my mom's and then off to my storage unit.
The only good thing is that I can sleep in a bit, considering I'm working tonight. Mom and I can move stuff like my clothes and computer before they get there instead of after.
I do not handle moving well. I am always a complete nervous wreck. And right now is no different. My stomach is fluttering and I don't feel like eating the Greek salad I ordered for dinner.
Usually the night before I move, I go out and get drunk. Don't think I ever planned it, but it just happened that way. When I left Connecticut, my friends from work threw me a going away party. When I moved to Cliffside, I had been out all night (got home at 7 a.m.!) with co-workers. And then when I moved to my current hovel, I had been out with my ex and friends at our local Irish pub. Half of the guys who were supposed to help me move never showed up because they were passed out drunk.
Tonight, I plan to stay home and get some sleep. Well maybe I'll scrap, but I'm not going out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

Hope your move goes OK and you get settled in soon!!

August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home